Skipped navigation; Beginning of main content

Date updated: January 17, 2018

NL Disaster Financial Assistance Program (Fire and Emergency Services NL)

Fire and Emergency Services FES NL FAQ for the Newfoundland and Labrador Disaster Financial Assistance Program (NL-DFAP)

FAQ sheets answer the questions:

  1. What do we after we’ve been affected by flooding in communities and homes?
  2. Due to the recent flooding event on the West Coast of the island, how do I apply for disaster financial assistance as a homeowner, municipality, a not-for-profit organization or a small business owner?
  • Government of NL must determine that the weather event falls under the criteria for NL-DFAP
  • The general public will then be notified through media releases.
  • Compensation for damages based on criteria established by both the federal and provincial DFA programs
  • Applications can be made by individual homeowners, municipalities and communities, small businesses, and not-for-profit organizations. Site has links to NL-DFAP application forms.
  • Residents encouraged to contact their insurance companies first and take steps to mitigate further damage.
  • The Insurance Bureau of Canada Consumer Info Centre has an information line for insurance policy holders to get information and advice: 1-844-227-5422 (ext 228).


Newsletter Signup

Join our mailing list to stay up to date about our new website.